Honest Scrap Award

Sunday, December 14, 2008


I've received a gift from jiggins @ con·tin·u·um for my blog "Ink in My Sweet Tea: The NaNoWriMo Journal of a Southern Writer". I'd seen blog awards on other blogs and wondered if I would ever be the recipient of such an honor. This is my first blogging award to be given to me by one of my peers in the blogging community. Thank you so much, Jiggins. You have been such an inspiration to me. Even though I've never "met" you, I count you among my friends, and I'm blessed to have you in my life. :)

Here's the guidelines as I received them from Jiggins:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers (I hope I don't pass it to someone who already has it!)

Ten Truths About Me:
1. I will never get married again. Three times is enough. Done. Finished. Out of the game.

2. I wish my sister and I had some kind of relationship.

3. I wanted to be a singer before I wanted to be a writer.

4. I didn't submit my writing for twenty years because I didn't think it was good enough. To me good enough had to be perfect.

5. I have realized that perfection will never be attained in my lifetime, but good enough is totally possible.

6. I used to be a chameleon. I could adapt to any situation, any time, any place. Now I'm just me, take me or leave me. I'll still be me.

7. I can let people be where they are, how they are.

8. I can only change me. I am powerless over everyone else.

9. I believe happiness is a choice.

10. I am a person who is motivated by pain. When I get tired of hurting, I will make the necessary changes. Unfortunately it's usually not until I'm in a lot of emotional pain that I'm willing to change.

I pass this award on to those bloggers who have the courage to write and tell their stories with the scrap of honesty it takes to get down to the absolute, unadulterated truth. Such are the writers I admire most. This list is not complete, just a tip of the iceberg of the list of blogs I read on a daily basis. I wish I could pass out more than seven!
Thanks again. See you soon!

1. Shon Bacon @ All the Blog's a Page.

2. Carolyn Townes @ Becoming a Woman of Purpose.

3. Kim Smith @ Writing Space.

4. Lea Schizas @ The Writing Jungle.

5.Lyndsey @ Open Up Your Folding Chair.

6. Holly Lisle @ Pocket Full of Words.

7. Clesha Staten.

4 Friends Said:

Coach Carolyn December 15, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for the "award" and for the love link. Congrats on the award. You rock!

Peace, Carolyn
Becoming a Woman of Purpose

Kim Smith December 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

AAWWW! THANKS HELEN! I am passing it on!

Helen H. David December 15, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Carolyn, I think you rock too! Your blog is such an inspiration to me.
God bless.
Helen

Helen H. David December 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Kim, I think you are just awesome! Can't wait to see who you pass it on to. I know I'll find more great blogs to read that way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP