Over the 25k Mark: It's a Downhill Ride from Here

Sunday, November 15, 2009


After writing over 4,000 words in 24 hours I have finally hit the halfway mark. Final word count for tonight: 26,184. And it's all thanks to Alternate Shift at Work who as far as I know actually showed up on the job today. Don't even think about calling in tomorrow. Seriously.

The Most Honorable Mentions go to:
1. My family and friends who have unceasingly cheered me on every day this month.
2. My Fellow Scribes on Facebook and Twitter. You are an invaluable source of inspiration. And I do have quite a few cheerleaders on both networks. Thanks Tammy, Kathy L. and Kathryn on FB. And KVLong, Devon Ellington, Kippras, Nanda, JordanDrew, tamlynleigh, MoonStaress and the rest of my fellow writers and my NaNo family on Twitter.
3. My Alabama North Regional Municipal Liasons on the NaNoWriMo site. Thanks so much Amy and Brian, and everyone else in the Region!
4. Liquid Story Binder. You make writing a wonderful experience. Even the times when I have no more words left and I want to pull my hair out. You have many pretty bells and whistles that I can play with while I'm waiting for my Muse to whisper in my ear. Or for inspiration to strike. Whichever comes first.
5. My awesome heating pad that has a "Stay On" feature. It's tied to the back of my chair with shoestrings. It's been like that since last November. I've never taken it down. I think it will take up permanent residence there due to the fact that I will be living in Edit Hell in December.
6. Elvira, the most wonderful computer in the world. She has been holding up wonderfully, but I'm starting to believe she'd telling me that I have been working her way too hard for the past year. She seems very tired. Along with her, my back and my knees are telling me I really need a netbook so I can cut this invisible chain that has me tied to my chair. Then writing at work with LSB won't be a problem when Alternate Shift @ Work calls in every week on one of my off days.
7. My AlphaSmart 2000. This thing has really saved me on the word count. If not for it I would be so far behind I would probably give up. I'm grateful I have it. It was a mere $20 on eBay. But it won't run LSB, and I find myself forgetting essential plot points when I'm writing at work because I can't go back in previous chapters and check the details. Yes, I do believe it's time for the netbook. I am already saving up.

I'll have more Honorable Mentions on the 30th. This is enough for today. It's off to bed now. I have tomorrow off as well (do you hear that AS@W?) and I want to get as far ahead as possible. It's too nerve-wracking for me to be behind. It aggravates me on a physical level to the nth degree. That's not good.

It's feels so good to be coasting downhill.

On to 50k!

2 Friends Said:

Lulu November 21, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

Thank you so much for my honorable mention. You shouldn't have. I spy with my little eye the fact that you are now over 30k. Way to go! Less than 20k left to go! You're gonna make it! Now, if I only had time to read chapters 1-5! (I got your message about chapter 6, so I'm not going there just yet!)

Keep it up! You're getting closer every minute! You can do it!

Helen H. David November 23, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

Thanks, sweetie! Luckily this is my short week at work, plus one of my scheduled days is Thanksgiving. So that means I have an extra day to catch up. Just like last year. *sigh*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP