NaNoWriMo Day 1: 1,774 words and counting

Sunday, November 1, 2009


I got up at noon yesterday. I worked last night. I stayed up until 7:30 AM working on my outline of over 700 words that don't count towards the total word count. I got up at 9:15 AM to go see Buddy, and then came home and wrote some more. I have one hour to rest before I go back to work. My wrists already hurt. Tylenol, Advil and Aleve will be three of my best friends this month. But I'm having fun. That is the insanity of which I often speak.

After tonight I am off for three days. During those three days I will be a noveling fool. I want to get a buffer on the word count just in case something happens. Getting sick last year during Thanksgiving taught me a lesson I haven't forgotten: Get Ahead Early.

Having a blast, meeting people from all over the world on Twitter, in the NaNo Forums and NaNoChat. I'm too tired to make links for these sites. You can Google it. ;)

2 Friends Said:

Lulu November 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

You can do this! Just keep writing. When you get sick and tired of writing, take a 5-minute coffe and chat break, then write some more!
You've already done this once before. You CAN do it again!
I'm proud of you!

And now, back to "work". :)

Helen H. David November 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Thanks, sweetie! The only thing is I wasn't working last year. I had the luxury of writing when I wanted to, when the ispiration hit. Now I don't have that luxury. Like today, I was planning on being off three days, and got called in at 1:30PM to be there at 5PM. But in doing that I traded three days off for five. :) So now I just have to spend my non-writing time thinking about where I want the story to go so that when I do get the chance to write I know what to write.
I'll adjust. Hopefully, it will just take a few days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP