Two Days and Still Counting

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Anticipation and excitement are setting in, right alongside fear and apprehension. But I'm still psyched. I have a teleconference in the morning with Lisa Gentile, a writing coach, to see in what direction I want to go after November. I plan on submitting this novel for publication.

Plan for tomorrow:
1. Carve the pumpkin. Won't have time Friday.
2. More character development.
3. Outline scenes and chapter resolutions.
4. Start reading "No Plot, No Problem!" by Chris Baty (again!).
5. Break out the "Novel Writing Kit" my parents gave me for my birthday back in August. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
6. Hit my regional forum on the NaNo site and check for write-ins nearby. (I can smell the Starbucks coffee already!)
7. Get out the supplies I bought back in September (notebooks, pens, candy! Yes!)
8. Watch a few more author bios on Biography.com to remind myself that at one time, they were unpublished, too. But they did it.

It's getting close! Are you ready? Am I really ready?

6 Friends Said:

Rebecca October 30, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

Oh...you're ready, missy! & I'm super excited for you! :) You'll be just fine; I'll just have to remember to bring you LOTS of coffee whenever I can when I come home. & to keep my dear baby brother out of you hair some. Haha, I can't wait to start reading some of your stuff! I'd better be your first editor when you get to that point. You KNOW how great I am! Haha. I love you, & just know that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, you're still a hero in my eyes. You're a fantastic writer & it'll all come out of you just fine; just look at the poems you've written--they're amazing!

Just don't stress out about it; everything will happen in due time. "Everything has a season"--remember?

I LOVE YOU!
& good luck!

Helen H. David October 30, 2008 at 12:33 AM  

*Wipes away tears* Thank you, baby! I love you, too. And thank you, for everything.
Your dear baby brother had better be working on his own novel. He signed up, too! That's one way to keep him occupied! Mwahahahaha! ;)

Rebecca October 30, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

What about school? Is he gonna go straight back or is he gonna wait until after Christmas? & what grade will he be in? Still at Elky? Haha

Helen H. David October 30, 2008 at 12:45 AM  

He starts the morning of Nov.5th at Elky. 8th again. You know Mrs. C___ won't let him wait until after Christmas!

jiggins October 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

I'M READY !

Abhorrent.Phantasm October 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Haha. I'm too lazy to actually plan out my days. -.- I barely even get to a daily writing. *sigh*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP