Less Than 24 Hours!

Friday, October 31, 2008

So I got the pumpkin carved, as you can see. The NaNoWriMo site must be down. Everytime I log onto Blogger I get a NaNo sign-in box popping up on my computer. There's usually electronic goblins floating around cyberspace on Halloween anyway, so I'm running a virus scan just to be safe.

The teleconference with Lisa Gentile this afternoon went very well. She helped me see another angle to a project I wanted to begin. She's wonderful. Lisa is a NaNoWriMo winner, and we share a love of consuming large amounts of coffee while writing.

And that's about all I accomplished today. Due to an attack of sciatica I'm sitting on a heating pad as I write this, hoping and praying it doesn't get worse. If it does, sitting at the desk will be out of the picture. And I don't need that the first day of NaNo.

Still psyched, though. Lisa's suggestions have me thinking of taking my novel in a whole new direction, possible combining the two ideas into one. That just might take the emotional edge off the project I originally intended to write. That way it won't be so overwhelming. Some of my friends have a saying, "New directions, new connections." It sounds like a good idea to me.

This time tomorrow night, we'll be doing NaNo! Yea!

3 Friends Said:

Nienke Hinton October 31, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Take some Tylenol 3! Hope your back feels better in time...
Good luck at the kick off - may your head be filled with words as you lose yourself in literary abandon!

Helen H. David October 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Neinke, I can't take Tylenol 3! It contains codeine, and I'm allergic.
It's better, though. Good luck to you!

Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Congratulations for winning NANO 2008! You've got moxie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP