The Strongest Start Novel Writing Competition 2009

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I got an interesting email in my inbox today. The Strongest Start Novel Competition 2009* is underway. Deadline for entries is May 16, 2009. The First Place prize is sweet with $500 cash and a self-publishing package! The prize provider is BookSurge, an Amazon company. Amazon also sponsors the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest.

I am thinking about entering this competition, as I did not get to enter the 2009 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest due to having undiagnosed Celiac disease at the time. I got my diagnosis in February of this year, and I'm just now making significant progress and able to go back to work. Plus the Strongest Start competition is only requiring the first three chapters for submission and not the whole novel. I can do that. Editing the first three chapters in two weeks is a much less overwhelming task than trying to edit a 50k word manuscript in three months. I did not have time to edit my whole novel for the Breakthrough Novel Award contest. Which is a pity, because I think my novel might have had a chance. This year when I compete in NaNoWriMo I will have a better idea of what I'm looking at and what I need to have accomplished by December so that editing won't be such a daunting task.

I'm really blessed that I have a job where I can take my manuscript and edit while I am at work.

*Membership at the site is required. The yearly fee is $49.95. Maybe I can swing that? We'll see. *sigh* Stupid recession.

2 Friends Said:

Janine May 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

I want your job! What a treat to be able to edit while you work :-)

Anyway, I use the AutoCrit Editign Wizard. It speeds up my editing time enormously.

Happy writing and editing!

Helen H. David May 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Thanks, Janine! I don't know if you would want my job. The ability to edit at work is its best feature. The other features involve body fluids. :(
I will have to check out AutoCrit Editing Wizard. Gotta love Google!

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP