Almost Where I Need to Be

Friday, November 14, 2008

Chris Baty, the founder of NaNoWriMo, put out a challenge: 20k by bedtime Thursday night. I busted my butt. I've written about 4000 words in the last twenty-four hours, and it's 5:30 am Friday morning. My fingers are stiff from typing all those words and my feet are swollen from sitting at the computer for hours upon hours. I haven't been to sleep yet. That still counts as "before bedtime Thursday", right? Ha ha. No, seriously. It had better count! Just kidding. Not.

I'm rambling. I'm going to bed now. ;)

4 Friends Said:

Elizabeth Twist November 17, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Hi Helen - followed you here from the "blogging NaNoWriMo" thread on the forums.

You are hardcore for staying up all night! Made me feel good to know I'm not the only one boosting my word count by staying up into the wee hours.

All strength!

Helen H. David November 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Thanks, Elizabeth! Hardcore NaNoers, yes we are. And we rock! Thanks for your comment.
Love your blog and your daily posts. Maybe I should post daily during November?

Elizabeth Twist November 17, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

I think you should! But only if you feel like you have time. Daily posting has become a way to keep myself honest during November. If I add to my word count, there's a much better chance I'll have something to say in that day's post!

Helen H. David November 18, 2008 at 2:13 AM  

And it's good for motivation, too! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Ink In My Sweet Tea

All content on this site is copyrighted by Helen H. David. Content may be reproduced up to 100 words with proper attribution. Content may not be reproduced beyond fair use (fair use being defined as excerpts of 100 words or less) or used for commercial purpose. Any unattributed use of this content shall be considered a violation of copyright.

Creative Commons License
Ink In My Sweet Tea: The Journal of a Southern Writer by Helen H. David is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.



Protected by Copyscape Unique Article Checker

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP